Recently, iOS 13 was launched by Apple, which changed the permissions available to developers. One of these permissions was "location permissions" - this enabled our app to see what Wi-Fi network your phone was connected to. Unfortunately, this ability was used for pairing purposes so that you wouldn't have to input the name of a Wi-Fi network when pairing, it would just fill in the name of the network automatically, because it would be the name of the network your iPhone or iPad was already connected to.
The short version is that when you're attempting to pair, and it comes time to enter the Wi-Fi password, under the "Wi-Fi Name" field it will just say "Wi-Fi Name". Rest assured that we are working on a solution so that you will be able to manually input the Wi-Fi Name manually and pair devices as normal.
In the meantime, there is a workaround - you may use the WPS function of your router. MOST Wi-Fi systems have a WPS function (though there are exceptions, such as Google Wi-Fi). Please follow these steps in the order that they are listed without deviating.
- Press + in the upper right of the app to add a new device, then tap "Start" at the bottom. If the batteries are in the product or it is plugged in or powered, please remove the batteries or unplug it.
- Ignore the "Wi-Fi Name" field and enter your Wi-Fi password.
- Tap the QR Code button in the middle, which will open your phone's camera. Use the camera to scan the QR code on the Fox&Summit product itself.
- Press the WPS button on your WiFi router - if you are using a Netgear Orbi, this is called the "Sync" button.
- Power up your Fox&Summit device by inserting the batteries, plugging it in, or turning on the lamp (depending on the product). If your Fox&Summit device has a button on it, go ahead and press and HOLD the button for 5 seconds.
- Press "Pair" in the app.
Again, we're really sorry for the inconvenience of this, but rest assured that we will have a solution out soon.
For any other questions, feel free to reach out to email@example.com or check out our easy-to-search Support page: https://foxandsummit.com/apps/help-center