This brief tutorial will help you connect your Fox&Summit outdoor motion sensor light to your FS Home account as well as to your Wi-Fi network.
Before we get started, make sure you have the following ready:
- You'll need your smartphone or tablet with the FS Home App installed.
- Make sure you've created an account through the App.
- You'll need the motion sensor light itself.
- Please have four alkaline D cell batteries available to insert.
- And you're going to need a Wi-Fi router that's connected to the internet.
- Make sure you have your Wi-Fi password handy.
- Next, you're going to sign in to your FS Home App using your Username and Password that you registered with. If you've already signed in before this will happen automatically when you open the App.
- Now you're going to tap the plus sign (+) in the upper right hand. This is what you'll always tap to add a new device.
- The “To Pair New Device” screen tells you to make sure that your smartphone or tablet is connected to a 2.4 gigahertz Wi-Fi network rather than a 5 gigahertz network. Once you're sure, tap “Start”.
- The App will automatically put in the network that it's going to connect your sensor to. It's the network that you're connected to on your smartphone or tablet.
- Go ahead and enter your Wi-Fi password.
- Now you're going to need to open the motion sensor spot light for this next part.
- First start by rotating the front counter clockwise.
- Next, you're going to lift the whole front end out. This will take out the battery assembly, where you will find the QR code.
- You're going to “Tap to scan QR code” on your screen, the area where it looks like a QR code. This going to open your phone's camera, so you can use it to scan the devices unique ID. It also tells the App what kind of device it's about to pair.
- Now go ahead and line up the QR code in your cameras field of view to scan.
- Then you're going to push on the two clips on the side and then lift the battery cover off.
- Insert the four D cell batteries into the motion sensor.
- Snap the lid into place.
- Within 10 seconds of closing the battery cover, press the “Pair” button in the FS Home App. Pairing usually takes about 30 seconds but can take as long as two minutes.
- Stay on the screen until pairing is complete. If pairing fails, remove the batteries, wait a few seconds, then repeat Steps 9-14.
- Now that the device is paired, you can go ahead and close everything up and mount it wherever you want it. Be sure you have strong Wi-Fi signal wherever you mount the Outdoor Motion Triggered Spot Light from Fox&Summit.
If you would like to watch a video tutorial of the quick setup, then watch here.